There’s Nothing Like BluVac!
- Highest accuracy and resolution on all our micron gauges (5% +/- 5 micron accuracy, 0.1-micron resolution (BluVac+ Pro) and 1-micron resolution (BluVac+ LTE, Micro)
- Built-in oil sensor — BluVac+ informs the operator of contamination. Subsequently, can be cleaned easily with isopropyl alcohol.
- Self Diagnostics — BluVac+ can check its own calibration and inform the operator if calibration is required.
- Self Calibrated — Full factory accuracy can be achieved simply by placing the BluVac+ in the freezer. No vacuum pump or reference gauge required.
- Analog Bargraph Display (BluVac+ Pro, LTE) — provides a quick visual indication of evacuation progress.
- Advanced Power Management — provides up to 300 hours of operation on a single 9V battery (BluVac+ Pro, LTE) or 100 hours on 2 ‘AAA’ batteries (Micro).
- Instant warm-up and instant response.
- Combined with high resolution, it shows precisely what is occurring inside the evacuated volume at any instant in time. Moisture, dissolved refrigerant, outgassing, and leaks are easily detected.
- Wide Operating Temperature and Pressure Range — BluVac+ is among the very few micron gauges that can operate within full specifications from 10°F/-12°C to 122°F/50°C and throughout the entire pressure range without derating based upon temperature/pressure.
- 1000 PSI Maximum Overpressure — BluVac+ will not be destroyed (or even harmed) by charging a system prior to valving off the gauge.
The BluVac+ Pro and LTE gauges also include:
- Leak Rate Indicator — shows the rate-of-change of pressure in units/second or units/minute. This valuable information helps an operator to determine if the rise rate is due to leaks or moisture.
- Temperature Indicator — displays ambient temperature with 0.1C/F resolution and 0.1C/0.2F accuracy.
The top-of-the-line BluVac+ Pro also includes the following outstanding productivity features:
- Programmable — automates the evacuation process and rise-time analysis by both pressure and time. Sounds an audible/visual alarm when evacuation/rise-time testing is complete. A rise-time PASS indication can be achieved in as little as 15 seconds, depending upon the condition of the system under evacuation.
- Additional display units: inHg and PSI
BluVac technology was developed over a period of 8 years and launched in October 2010. The main impetus behind the BluVac program was to produce a micron gauge technology that solves the basic problems affecting micron gauges utilized in HVAC service.
- Lack or loss of calibration
- Temperature sensitivities
- Oil/particulate contamination
- Measurement speed
- Power requirements
The patented BluVac technology addresses all of those issues through a combination of a novel thermistor based vacuum sensing technique and advanced digital signal processing via an on-board CPU. Working together, the BluVac gauges provide a highly accurate, high-speed, low power, high confidence solution to measuring pressure during HVAC evacuation. Powerful self-diagnostic capabilities, plus the ability to be recalibrated without any special equipment, ensure that the gauge is always operating to its highest accuracy and performance.